The new Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 Account Review Tool is designed to assess the use of SMS accounts in a central site or child sites and alert you to account configurations that might increase security risk in your environment.Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition (32-Bit x86) You must run the tool on a primary site server. Before the Account Review Tool assesses the account usage in your SMS hierarchy, it performs an environment check. If any of the following conditions are not true, the Account Review Tool will fail the environment check and will not run the account assessment.
- The site server where you run the Account Review Tool must be a member of a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 domain or an Active Directory domain.
- The tool skips any primary sites in the hierarchy that are not running SMS 2003.
- The site server where you run the tool must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2000 SP4a or a later version.
- The SMS site database server must be running Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3 or a later version.
- The site running the tool must be running in SMS 2003 advanced security mode. The Account Review Tool checks any child sites that are also in advanced security. If the Account Review Tool encounters a child site that is running in standard security, the tool skips that child site and generates a warning message.
- The account running the tool must have membership in the SMS Admins group and administrative rights to all SMS objects.
- The account running the tool must have at least db_datareader privilege to the SMS site database and group membership in the SMS Admins security group.
Feb 14, 2006
this is an interesting tool. i didn't realize it was out. basically does an assessment of the defined accounts in use with your sms installation. here's a small blurb about it. check the link to get more info...