you've probably have seen this error come through before:
Product: SMS Management Point -- Error 25006. Setup was unable to create the Internet virtual directory CCM_System - The error code is 80020009.
one of my cohorts, andrew cohen, came up with this fix from microsoft:
- Make a copy of metabase.xml from %windir%\system32\inetsrv.
- Enable manual metabase edit by right-clicking on Server in IIS Manager.
- Open metabase.xml with notepad.
- Search for ccmisapi.dll and delete the entire line. save the file with the same name.
- Change metabase back to automatic edit by right clicking on servername in IIS.
- Restart IIS.
- In the SMS Admin Console, under SMS Site Systems, properties of target MP, uncheck Management Point selection.
- Check MPSETUP.LOG to make sure the MP has uninstalled successfully.
- Recheck the MP check box and wait for installation to complete.