Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from May, 2010

sccm: okay so sccm toolkit v2 is out. now be careful.

john marcum was kind enough to send me heads-up note about preloadpkgonsite.exe.  if you read my blog, you might be familiar with this particular tool because i mentioned it in a post regarding staging content.  apparently, the new version causes issues in specific situations that you may want to be aware of.  john wrote about this problem on his blog recently.  make sure to check it out.

opalis: provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the ‘/’ operator

another “interesting” discovery that i decided to post today since i ran into yet again and had forgotten why.  when using the run .net script object, there are a couple of caveats while using published data.  let’s run through these real quick.first of all, to address the title of this post, we will review this error message:You must provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the '/' operator. running through the policy testing console, you can see the error problem expressed like this: it turns out if you use the language type powershell, the published data type of “Date/Time” does not behave as expected. instead, the script fails to execute.  so for instance, if i wanted to retrieve a variable out of a powershell script which represents a date/time, using this type in opalis causes script execution problems. presumably the “/” (slash) in “Date/Time” is what’s causing the funkiness. instead, switch it to type string.  while we’re talking about the published data, this…

outlook 2010 does not successfully book a resource

thanks to a fellow coworker who pointed out this article “Direct Booking does not successfully book a resource in Outlook 2010”, i was finally able to start scheduling meeting rooms again.  if you recently moved to outlook 2010 and can’t seem to get it to book a calendar resource correctly, you can drop in a reg key to make it work.  here’s the content of a .reg file i created for this:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar]
"EnableDirectBooking"=dword:00000001

opalis: service pack 1 and the fabled opconsole installation script

yes, yes, yes.  it’s finally available.  here’s are the links:opalis operator console installer script 1.0
opalis integration server 6.2.2 service pack 1you still need to go through the painstaking process of downloading all of the files required to install the operator console… but at least you don’t have to play click n drag n pray now.  the “command line wizard” will guide you through it.

opalis: properly retrieving published data from powershell scripts

i’ve been tooling around with opalis in my lab for the past week or so.  i’ve been working on this pet project when i stumbled on something.wmi query is cool but inflexiblerun .net script is cooler!so that aside, the wmi query object i was using would return stacks of data which just wasn’t useful since i needed a relationship of data to be returned.  in this case, i wanted the package id and the program name from all advertisements on a sccm server.  i decided using a script was the best way to bring this data into opalis.  nothing new so far.  here’s the script i was piddling around with:$myPackageID = @()
$myProgramName = @()

$myads = gwmi -Namespace root\sms\site_xyz -computername myComputer -Query "select packageid, programname from sms_program"

foreach ($ads in $myads) {
$myPackageID += $ads.packageid
$myProgramName += $ads.programname
}
basically, i’m creating two arrays: $mypackageid and $myprogramname.  now, in opalis, there’s a concept called “published data”.  to…

opalis: invalid key or license

update: microsoft finally posted a kb article on this problem with full detail called Unable to import a license into the Opalis Integration Server License Manager.while importing license keys, this warning might be a little surprising since as far as i know, we’re way beyond 12/30/1899.luckily the opalis knowledgebase still works.   in my case, i got this error message because i was trying to import the license key from a unc path.  once i moved it to the management server, the license key imported just fine. :)  there are other reasons though probably not as likely.  here’s the full article titled “unable to import license into opalis integration server license manager”.marcusoh.blogspot.com