earlier this month, gartner issued a press release containing key predictions for 2010 and later. you can read the entire article here. i captured the summaries so that we can all put it in a time capsule and open it later to see how accurate they were. :)
- by 2012, 20 percent of businesses will own no IT assets.
- by 2012, india-centric IT services companies will represent 20 percent of the leading cloud aggregators in the market (through cloud service offerings).
- by 2012, facebook will become the hub for social network integration and web socialization.
- by 2014, most IT business cases will include carbon remediation costs.
- by 2012, 60 percent of a new pc’s total life greenhouse gas emissions will have occurred before the user first turns the machine on.
- internet marketing will be regulated by 2015, controlling more than $250 billion in internet marketing spending worldwide.
- by 2014, over 3 billion of the world’s adult population will be able to transact electronically via mobile or internet technology.
- by 2015, context will be as influential to mobile consumer services and relationships as search engines are to the web.
- by 2013, mobile phones will overtake pcs as the most common web access device worldwide.
taking bets now…