Skip to main content

Importing a RSA Token on Windows Phone

I recently (this morning) had the good fortune of having to recover my Windows Phone. I run a Lumia 920. It’s been rock solid but recently have had stability issues. It kept locking up and rebooting itself randomly. This morning, it locked up. I rebooted it, and it locked up again. Finally, I rebooted it once more and got the light blue screen of death with the frowny face.

While thinking about all of the apps I would have to go in and configure, the one I dreaded most was getting my RSA token reconfigured. Why? I didn’t bother to write down the steps the last time I went through it. Now, I will remedy that problem.

Here we go.

  • Get the RSA SecurID app from the Windows Phone Store HERE.
  • The next thing you need to do is to install the RSA SecurID Software Token Converter. (All you really need is the TokenConverter.jar file.)
  • Next, however you do it, request a token.
  • Once you got the token, put the token (usually ends in .stdid) and the TokenConverter.jar file into the same directory.
  • Next, open a command prompt and navigate to the directory you put the files in.
  • Type the following command:

java.exe -jar TokenConverter.jar .\myToken.sdtid -winphone -o .\myFile.txt

  • If this fails, your administrator might have established a password on the token. Add the password using the -p switch and run the command again.
  • Upon success, the myFile.txt will contain the path you need for your RSA SecurID app. The file contents will look something like this:

com.rsa.securid://ctf?ctfData=longstringofnumbers

Grab that path. You’re going to need it for your app. All you have to do now is open the app and put the path in there.

Hit the checkbox. You’re good to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how to retrieve your ip address with powershell...

update: this is how it’s performed in powershell v3 as demonstrated here.(get-netadapter | get-netipaddress | ? addressfamily -eq'IPv4').ipaddress update: this is by far the easiest.PS C:\temp> (gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration | ? { $_.IPAddress -ne $null }).ipaddress
192.168.1.101
are you laughing yet?  i know you probably find this topic amusing.  it's really interesting though.  whenever you get over it, i'll do this in the standard cmd.exe interpreter and then in powershell to show you what kind of coolness powershell does.done?  okay, good.  this is an interpretation of a demo that bob wells did at our smug meeting.  hope you like it.i should tell you, it's not as simple as the title would lead you to believe.  i like doing that little slight-of-hand thing since it gives the impression that i'm painting a very easy target on my back for your criticism (though it's probably true in other ways)!  the idea is that we want to retrieve just the ip ad…

understanding the “ad op master is inconsistent” alert

i use the term “understanding” loosely.  this is by far no definitive guide on this particular alert, just a few things i have picked up in my attempt to understand it.let’s look at the context of the alert:The Domain Controller's Op Master is inconsitent. See additional alerts for details.
first of all, it gives very little information.  the only particularly useful detail is that it indicates which server is having the issue.  other than that, just a spelling error as there are no additional critical alerts to look at for details.this rule, as you know, comes from a sealed mp.  therefore, we can’t modify anything in it except the overrides.  the couple i’ve tinkered with are:interval (sec) log success event to begin with, interval (sec) is just set way too high.  the default is 60 seconds.  why on earth would anyone want to know that your op master consistency may be off, every minute?  actually, i could think of a few reasons, but really, it’s overkill.  the way the script works…

sccm: content hash fails to match

back in 2008, I wrote up a little thing about how distribution manager fails to send a package to a distribution point. even though a lot of what I wrote that for was the failure of packages to get delivered to child sites, the result was pretty much the same. when the client tries to run the advertisement with an old package, the result was a failure because of content mismatch.I went through an ordeal recently capturing these exact kinds of failures and corrected quite a number of problems with these packages. the resulting blog post is my effort to capture how these problems were resolved. if nothing else, it's a basic checklist of things you can use.DETECTIONstatus messagestake a look at your status messages. this has to be the easiest way to determine where these problems exist. unfortunately, it requires that a client is already experiencing problems. there are client logs you can examine as well such as cas, but I wasn't even sure I was going to have enough material to …