depending on the context of the message, i wouldn’t worry too much about it. we ran into it this week while trying to create an advertisement. the tech created an ad for a bits test deployment. he didn’t realize it went on to create his ad anyway, despite the error message. oops! good thing it was a test deployment.
the advertisement was created into the root container of advertisements instead of a subfolder. it’s pretty easy to realize the permission issue once you see the context. granting “manage folders” to the advertisements node, corrected this.
Errors (only detailing the relevant lines)
- You do not have security rights to perform this operation.
- ConfigMgr Error Object:
- instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
- Description = User does not have permission to manage this folder;
- ErrorCode = 1112017920
- File = e:\\nts_sms_fre\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspfolder.cpp
- Operation = “PutInstance”;
- ProviderName = “ExtnProv”;
- StatusCode = 2147749889
here’s a screen shot as well: