Skip to main content

sms: wbem_e_provider_load_failure causing odd sms client issues...

these are just as cryptic as it sounds since you don't really have any idea which provider is failing to load. the actual failure message looks like this: 0x80041013 - WBEM_E_PROVIDER_LOAD_FAILURE. your ccmexec.log may have exhibit strange errors like this:
Error loading service settings. Code 0x80041013 Phase 0 initialization failed (0x80041013) Service initialization failed (0x80041013)
if you're seeing these strange error messages, here's something you can try to fix it up:
  1. switch over to %windir%\system32\wbem.
  2. register all of the .dlls in this directory. here's a way that microsoft support stated:
    • for /f %s in ('dir /b *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %s
  3. issue the following two commands:
    • wmiprvse /regserver
    • winmgmt /regserver
if this doesn't resolve it, try the steps again. this time, add in step 2b (below). i'm not sure under what condition this occurs, but we found that we had to register tscfgwmi.dll. you'd perform it doing this:
2b. regsvr32 %windir%\system32\tscfgwmi.dll
please let me know if this works for you. i'm curious how many others have experienced it.

Comments

  1. OK, I googled this error message and found this blog. Any chance of more un-savy users to figure this out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure i follow... you mean you don't understand the post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be working for me, SMS Agent started ok. I found that restarting WMI was often enough to sort it out for a while. However it then died after. I shall see how those fixes get on, oddly it only happens on some servers and not them all... mm

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i think it depends on the level of corruption. wmi is way too sensitive in my opinion. hoping all the hardening steps introduced in later service packs, hotfixes, and operating systems will put a cork in that problem permanently. thanks for the comment, barry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

how to retrieve your ip address with powershell...

update: this is how it’s performed in powershell v3 as demonstrated here.(get-netadapter | get-netipaddress | ? addressfamily -eq'IPv4').ipaddress update: this is by far the easiest.PS C:\temp> (gwmi Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration | ? { $_.IPAddress -ne $null }).ipaddress
192.168.1.101
are you laughing yet?  i know you probably find this topic amusing.  it's really interesting though.  whenever you get over it, i'll do this in the standard cmd.exe interpreter and then in powershell to show you what kind of coolness powershell does.done?  okay, good.  this is an interpretation of a demo that bob wells did at our smug meeting.  hope you like it.i should tell you, it's not as simple as the title would lead you to believe.  i like doing that little slight-of-hand thing since it gives the impression that i'm painting a very easy target on my back for your criticism (though it's probably true in other ways)!  the idea is that we want to retrieve just the ip ad…

understanding the “ad op master is inconsistent” alert

i use the term “understanding” loosely.  this is by far no definitive guide on this particular alert, just a few things i have picked up in my attempt to understand it.let’s look at the context of the alert:The Domain Controller's Op Master is inconsitent. See additional alerts for details.
first of all, it gives very little information.  the only particularly useful detail is that it indicates which server is having the issue.  other than that, just a spelling error as there are no additional critical alerts to look at for details.this rule, as you know, comes from a sealed mp.  therefore, we can’t modify anything in it except the overrides.  the couple i’ve tinkered with are:interval (sec) log success event to begin with, interval (sec) is just set way too high.  the default is 60 seconds.  why on earth would anyone want to know that your op master consistency may be off, every minute?  actually, i could think of a few reasons, but really, it’s overkill.  the way the script works…

sccm: content hash fails to match

back in 2008, I wrote up a little thing about how distribution manager fails to send a package to a distribution point. even though a lot of what I wrote that for was the failure of packages to get delivered to child sites, the result was pretty much the same. when the client tries to run the advertisement with an old package, the result was a failure because of content mismatch.I went through an ordeal recently capturing these exact kinds of failures and corrected quite a number of problems with these packages. the resulting blog post is my effort to capture how these problems were resolved. if nothing else, it's a basic checklist of things you can use.DETECTIONstatus messagestake a look at your status messages. this has to be the easiest way to determine where these problems exist. unfortunately, it requires that a client is already experiencing problems. there are client logs you can examine as well such as cas, but I wasn't even sure I was going to have enough material to …