O R G A N I C / F E R T I L I Z E R: misc: netstumbler in vista...

Jan 2, 2007

misc: netstumbler in vista...

in truth, it doesn't work. apparently there isn't a version of netstumbler that works yet with vista. the reason i was looking was because i was having some problems with connectivity or something.  i thought i'd switch the channel that my ap was using to something that wasn't being used in my immediate area.  i couldn't get any information out of the wireless networks gui (or at least i have no idea how).  ah well. 

netstumbler wasn't showing any active access points. :/ ... but speaking of stumbling... i did stumble across this gem on windowsconnected.com. in short, you can get information on wireless networks using netsh!  here's the command:

 

netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid